THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY TO ALL BOOKINGS:
The terms of stay of all individuals/groups/companies (hereinafter referred to as the “guest”) at the Devon Valley Hotel (hereinafter referred to as “the Hotel”) are:
- The booking confirmation detail and these terms constitute at least the minimum terms of the agreement between the guest and the Hotel.
- The Hotel is entitled to collect from the guest the sum certified by the Hotel’s accountant as being the correct amount payable by the guest. The guest undertakes to pay such amount and not to oppose summary collection of payment of the amount on the payment certificate, and also to pay the account on presentation.
- Overdue accounts shall be charged at 1% interest per month, and the guest is fully liable for all and any legal expenses incurred in respect of any recovery of funds from the guest on a client and attorney scale.
- The guest is not entitled to deduct any amounts due by the guest from his/her/their account based on a grievance or complaint he/she/they may have with the Hotel. The Hotel will use its best and reasonable endeavours to address any of the guest’s grievance and/or complaint.
- The guest is liable for any landline telephone call usage costs from his/her Hotel room.
- The guest accepts liability to pay for the replacement of any loss, breakage, damage or destruction to any items/linen/furniture or fittings of the Hotel in the room he/she occupies for the duration of his/her stay. These liability costs will be added to the guest’s invoice, and payable within 7 days.
- Requests for room changes are subject to availability and at an additional surcharge, but such room changes can unfortunately not be guaranteed.
- The Hotel is not responsible for any loss, damage or injury of person or property, or any third party, arising from any cause whatsoever, by whomever.
- A guest who cancels his/her/their room not within the cancellation policy conditions stipulated on the invoice sent to the guest, or at least not within a minimum 10 days’ cancelation notice in writing by the guest, the guest will then be liable for the full payment of the invoice.
- The terms of stay are governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa, and all guests accept that the legal jurisdiction of South Africa applies.