The Cape Region and entire Western Cape are facing critical water shortages currently. At The Devon Valley Hotel we urge all our guests to assist us and to please use this valuable resource sparingly. The Hotel has implemented various water saving strategies to ensure our water consumption stays within the legal limits set out by the Western Cape Government.
Our water saving actions include:
- The Hotel has a water storage system that allows water supply for 2 full days on a 100% occupancy including kitchen/restaurant.
- We also have our own water filtration system to keep the water fresh and drinkable.
- The swimming pool is still in use and we make use of the reserve tank to fill it up.
- The hotel is looking at rehabilitating two on premises boreholes to supply water to the hotel in the near future.
- The bath plugs in all the guest rooms have been removed, so that guests can only shower in this time of crises. The room with only a bath and no shower still has a bath plug.
- Water saving signs are clearly visible in all public and guest bathrooms, including tips for guests on how to save water.
- The vineyards surrounding the hotel is irrigated with non-potable water only.
Thank you for playing your part and helping us to SAVE WATER.